Fairleigh Dickinson University's PublicMindTM is a research center that conducts polling, survey, and other research on politics, society, popular culture, consumer and economic trends.
PublicMind has conducted well-publicized surveys on:
PublicMind's telephone field house partner is TMR Incorporated, a marketing/opinion research and data collection firm with offices in New Jersey, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and California. All TMR facilities have the capability for on-site and remote monitoring. All interviewing stations are equipped for CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing). TMR's 200 interviewing stations are equipped with Query, CfMC and Results CATI software systems. Each facility is managed by an experienced telephone research professional and has a full complement of supervisors and editors.
PublicMind adheres to the AAPOR Code of Professional Ethics (www.ncpp.org) and the Principles of Disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls (www.aapor.org). We ask only fair, objective, and empirically valid and reliable questions. PublicMind does not conduct surveys for any political parties or candidates.
Founded: 1942. Coed, private, independent; the largest such university in NJ
· Global Education: The first American university to own and operate an overseas campus; the first comprehensive university in the world to require distance learning of its undergraduates; accredited to the United Nations as a non-governmental organization.
· Locations: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, New Jersey, 10 miles from NYC, located in Bergen County; College at Florham, Madison, New Jersey, 35 miles west, located in Morris County; Wroxton, England, 3 miles from Banbury and 70 miles from London; FDU-Vancouver in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
· Enrollment: Undergraduate students: 8,617; graduate students: 3,569; student/faculty ratio 16:1
· Average Class Size: 18 students
· Degrees: Associates, Baccalaureate, Masters and Ph.D.
· Honors Programs: Offered in all majors, more than 120 throughout all 4 years.
· Business School: AACSB- accredited masters and bachelors degrees.
· Accelerated Degree Programs: A variety of combined degree programs let you complete your undergraduate and masters degree in 5 years.
· Athletics: Men's and Women's Division I (Knights) and Division III (Devils) teams in more than a dozen sports, plus a diverse club and intramural program on both campuses.
· Student Activities: More than 100 active student organizations and clubs, from student government to national fraternities and sororities and professional honor societies.
· Faculty: 262 full-time (85% hold a Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field) and 574 part-time.
· Calendar: 2 semesters and summer sessions.