Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMindTM is a research center that conducts polling, survey, and other research on politics, society, popular culture, consumer and economic trends.
- The mission of Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind is to advance public discourse by publicizing interesting and controversial data and analyses.
- In addition to its public polls, Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind is available to conduct, analyze, and interpret survey and other research for corporations, non-profit entities, university faculty, researchers, and local, county, state, and federal government organizations.
- PublicMind surveys international, national, regional, and specialized populations on local, state, national, and global issues.
- We integrate our polls and research with resident faculty experts and professors, as well as a broad range of highly specialized academic associates all of whom are available for further analysis of data and interviews.
PublicMind has conducted well-publicized surveys on:
- Presidential and New Jersey gubernatorial, Senate, and state legislative races,
- Homeland security, terrorism, SARS, and disaster preparedness,
- New Jersey’s state budget,
- National energy policy,
- Environmental attitudes,
- Development and suburban sprawl
- created the New Jersey Index of Consumer Performance and Index of Consumer Intentions.
- also hosts workshops for public officials on survey design, methodology, and analysis.
PublicMind’s telephone field house partner is TMR Incorporated, a marketing/opinion research and data collection firm with offices in New Jersey, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and California. All TMR facilities have the capability for on-site and remote monitoring. All interviewing stations are equipped for CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing). TMR's 200 interviewing stations are equipped with Query, CfMC and Results CATI software systems. Each facility is managed by an experienced telephone research professional and has a full complement of supervisors and editors.
PublicMind adheres to the AAPOR Code of Professional Ethics (www.ncpp.org) and the Principles of Disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls (www.aapor.org). We ask only fair, objective, and empirically valid and reliable questions. PublicMind does not conduct surveys for any political parties or candidates.
Founded: 1942. Coed, private, independent; the largest such university in NJ
· Global Education: The first American
university to own and operate an overseas campus; the first comprehensive university
in the world to require distance
learning of its undergraduates; accredited to the United Nations as a non-governmental organization.
· Locations: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck,
New Jersey, 10 miles from NYC, located in Bergen County;
College at Florham, Madison,
New Jersey, 35 miles west, located in Morris County;
3 miles from Banbury and 70 miles from London; FDU-Vancouver in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
· Enrollment: Undergraduate students:
8,617; graduate students: 3,569; student/faculty ratio
· Average Class Size: 18 students
Associates, Baccalaureate, Masters and Ph.D.
· Honors Programs: Offered in all majors,
more than 120 throughout all 4 years.
· Business School: AACSB- accredited masters and bachelors degrees.
· Accelerated Degree Programs: A variety
degree programs let you complete your undergraduate
and masters degree in 5 years.
· Athletics: Men's and Women's Division
and Division III (Devils)
teams in more than a dozen sports, plus a diverse club
and intramural program on both campuses.
· Student Activities: More than 100
active student organizations and clubs, from student government
to national fraternities and sororities and professional
· Faculty: 262 full-time (85% hold a
Ph.D. or terminal degree in their field) and 574 part-time.
· Calendar: 2 semesters and summer sessions.